Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Duet Sport HT WFW8500 DRIVING ME CRAZY!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 John Yurko

John Yurko

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:11 PM

Recently i was contacted to take a stab at a repair where a customer dropped off a machine for repair, the on site techs couldnt figure out, so i was called in to save the day. Yet *sigh* i was stumped too.

Basically the story goes, to the best of what was explained to me, the customer had a F28 error, the techs looked at the machine, replaced the ccu, replaced the user interface (?) board/panel... still no luck. i tested the motor, its fine, 6ohms across the first 3 motor pins, 4 and 5 tested fine, motor control tests fine.

you start the machine, on quick cycle for the sake of explaining it. the door locks, then it sits on 28 minutes and does nothing, no fill, drum wont rotate, nothing happens. 5 minutes later the machine shuts off, no error code or anything.

at one point the "add a garment" light was blinking and the machine still did nothing....

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,437 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

Some troubleshooting tips for this error code here:

How to troubleshoot an F28 error code in a Whirlpool Duet Sport washer

And make sure all the panels are in place when you try to run the machine because that'll make it throw an F28, too:

Troubleshooting tip when working on a Kenmore HE2T / Whirlpool Duet “Sport” washer, RE: door panels, F28

#3 John Yurko

John Yurko

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

thats the problem. no F28 error when i tested it, (took out the ground switches, and taped em in the "closed" position. but im not getting any code at all. when i start it on quick cycle (for example) it locks the door, and it sits on 28 minutes, no fill, no agitate, no anything.... 5 minutes later, the door unlocks and shuts the machine off..... no error code at all...

#4 matt1

matt1

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

Hi John,read your post it has similar problem like Sundevil6 posted few days ago.I 'm just curious what is the tachometer value?and you stated motor control test fine(how),read this post,Hope these helps. http://appliantology...page__st__20.

ALL the error codes would help sometimes,but we can't really depend on it, we learn from the experience and mistake we made on the field.

Edited by matt1, 04 October 2011 - 02:32 PM.

#5 mark mac

mark mac

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

put it in the drain spin cycle see if it spins if it does its the temp sensor or harness 2

#6 John Yurko

John Yurko

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

Ok. I'm going back to that shop tomorrow to pick up some parts. I'll give that a try and see what happens! I was only assuming the mcu was ok because the shop guy told they already tried running the washer with a new one installed. I can't remember the tach circuit reading, but I do remember it was on par with the tech sheet numbers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics