Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Cooktop ZGU661-EM1WG

Cook top

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 j3ekm

j3ekm

Unsui

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Shock Top

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

I am trying to replace the old drip pans on my gas cooktop, but am not sure how to take it apart. I would like to know how to do this, since it seems straight forward after gaining enrty.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,031 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:41 PM

Looks like if you remove the grate and the burner cap-- both just lift off-- the drip pans then just lift out, too. If it's not wanting to move, it may be stuck down by old, bake-on grease.

Part link for replacement drip pans ==> http://www.repaircli...-Drip-Pan-Parts

Posted Image

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:10 AM

NO, the drip pans don't just lift out!!!! This is a sealed burner cooktop with glass surface.

To remove the drip pans you have to remove the three screws around each burner head, with the very high probability that the screws are going to break off when you try to remove them.

EDITED TO ADD:
Looks like this maybe a little different then I'm familiar with but still the drip pans aren't just going to lift out, if not the three screws around each burner head it appears the drip pans may have studs coming off the bottom that you have to take the nuts off from underneath to release the drip pans.

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair, 05 October 2011 - 07:13 AM.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics