Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Jp2008

Machine starts to fill then stops after 2mins goes to S W600 WM33

9 posts in this topic

Hi this is my first post so I hope I can give you enough info.

I got a second hand Asko W600 WM33 on the weekend, I plugged in in it starts to fill with water for about 5 secs then stops.

After about 2mins it goes to S on the dial and drains the machine. I have tried filling the machine with water through the detergent draw this made no difference.

I took the back cover off and check the brushes plenty of meat left on those.

The drum was tilted back and resting on the rear support, didn't look like this was correct as when you free spun the drum it rubs on the support?

Any ideas will be great.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I never even seen one of these machine but if after 5 seconds the machine stops it must be not sensing water entering into the machine. Must be a failed flow metering device of some sort hindering the filling of the machine. It does not know how much water is entering and therefore pumps out after 2 minutes just to be on the safe side? I would love to see a manual on one of these machines.

Edited by applianceman18007260692

If the program knob stops in position “S” after the

program has finished or been interrupted, this

indicates that a motor fault, a level sensor fault, or a

program fault has occurred during the program

cycle.

Give it back.

It may just be bad motor brushes. Easy to check and replace and relatively inexpensive part. Remove the brush holsters from the motor by removing the obvious retaining screws. The carbon brushes are spring-loaded. If one or both are worn to nubs or cracked, then replace both brushes at the same time.

Part link ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=1094128

It may just be bad motor brushes. Easy to check and replace and relatively inexpensive part. Remove the brush holsters from the motor by removing the obvious retaining screws. The carbon brushes are spring-loaded. If one or both are worn to nubs or cracked, then replace both brushes at the same time.

Part link ==> http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1094128

I have done this and there is about 2 inches of carbon left on both, I found why the motor was tilting back a retaining spring had come off / left off? the top of the drum.

Is there a way of overriding to motor to get it to spin just to see if it at least works?

Get rid of it.

Get rid of it.

You have the most intelligent advice, you make these forums worth while.

It's the best advice you're going to hear when it comes to ASKO.