Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Is there a whirlpool model that matches this Kenmore 110.20912990 model #

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jbmcq

jbmcq

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

Hi,
I have drawn much wisdom from this forum when I repaired my Model LSQ9244EQ0 Whirlpool . I have aquired a Kenmore model #110.20912990 + to my great pleasure it appears to be a newer model of my whirpool,
Is there a direct cross reference number from the Kenmore to the Whirlpool ?
The reason I aquired this is apparently the motor just hums. That is what the person I got it from said. He pulled the motor from the washer + decided it would be easier to just get a new one. To my benefit.
My Whirlpool had some issues recently ( Look for my other post about a leaking pump and maybe screwing the pooch when I jumpered the lid switch to test for leak, my bad.)
I have checked the capacitor + it seems it's bad.(Checked with a VOM.) Almost no deflection on the meter. The start cap for this and my old washer part numbers don't match. Have not checked the mfd value on my old one. So can't rob Peter to pay Paul / if your not familiar with the term your way younger than I / look it up ! Ha !
I would like to check the motor windings to determine they are OK before I pop for a new start capacitor. ( Nothing on the motor burned and all looks OK)
I'm in the swim pool industry / (30 + yrs) and have rebuilt lots of pool motors + am familiar with what connecters to check on them to determine if there is an open lead or correct resistance per wire leg.
Can someone here instruct me on the procedure to check the washer motor or where to find this info?
My experience with Kenmore equip is it's difficult to find repair info available thus wanting the whirlpool link,
Thanks in advance for any assistance . I will drink a toast to your health.
Jim

Attached Files

jbmcq

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:13 AM

no direct cross reference to Whirlpool model number,
but here's the Kenmore 110.20912990 tech sheets
Tech Sheet - 3953819.pdf
link PM'd

Does it Agitate at all ?
Does it Spin at all ?
Have you tried all of the Speed (Cycle) Selections ?
Known for bad Speed (Cycle) Switch
http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=547846

00786841.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:54 AM

Capacitors are different - if the capacitor was bad, motor would Hum/overheat

What exactly are the symptoms with the washer ??
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 jbmcq

jbmcq

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

Reg Us,
The WHIRLPOOL /w/ the timer problem never hums ,from the way it acts my guess would be an open in the drain or spin circuit. Just trying to verify HOW to test for that. I was testing it with a jumper in the lid switch harness / did not check to determine jumper working properly / just assumed ( yes I know what assuming does!)/so that is possibility / (no continuity to allow drain spin cycle to work) Will check + let you know.

The KENMORE is the one with humming motor, I found how to test motor windings ie/ low speed 2.9 ohms according to schematic.so will figger that out .
this is the washer I was wondering if the speed cycle switch could cause similar symptoms / HUM. My guess is there is a way to check continuity through the speed cycle switch ?

We should take ol K DOG out + give him a Little WHAT FOR for causing the confusion re the posts :deal: . HA !
jbmcq

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:58 PM

Have attempted to restore as originally posted - let me know if you don't like it - going to chop off my happy fingers

:dontknowaboutyou:
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#6 jbmcq

jbmcq

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

Reg US _ Patoff + KDOG

Turns out with a happy ending / The Kenmore washer had a bad capacitor . My motor supplier had one in stock + I'm doing laundry from home instead of the laundramat by a local pub . I'll probably save enough to buy a bottle of scotch.

Halleluiah

I'll recycle the old Whirlpool after keeping the parts that match up with the new one. I DO appreciate your assistance .
Many blessings on you my son's + I will drink a toast to your good health + welfare !!!

Attached Files

jbmcq

#7 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:47 PM

keeping the parts that match up with the new one..

Yup - same here, have a machine quite similar to yours (see avatar) and a whole mess of spare parts ready to go - when the parts all dry up, mahn'll keep on tickin' !

Thanks for the update and the trip to the woodshed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics