Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

York Diamond 80 P4HUA12N06401A

York Diamond 80 Not Igniting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dallas Wilm

Dallas Wilm

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:41 PM

I just bought a house and it has a York Diamond 80 P4HUA12N06401A furnace. I am unfamiliar with this make/model and am just wondering if the fan is supposed to run continuously as this one does.

I found that if I cranked the thermostat to max and watched, the furnace will ignite and run for about 20 minutes and then shut off. Then when I return the thermostat to normal it seems that the fan cuts in and then just runs forever without heat until I crank it to max again.

The old mercury thermostat doesn't appear to have a fan control on it just temperature.

Is this a problem with the furnance or the thermostat?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:11 PM

Thermostat model number ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 jb8103

jb8103

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Ginger ale

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:21 AM

I just bought a house and it has a York Diamond 80 P4HUA12N06401A furnace. I am unfamiliar with this make/model and am just wondering if the fan is supposed to run continuously as this one does.

I found that if I cranked the thermostat to max and watched, the furnace will ignite and run for about 20 minutes and then shut off.

You mean the furnace shuts off before the thermostat is satisfied? Does the blower come on during this twenty minute period?

Then when I return the thermostat to normal it seems that the fan cuts in and then just runs forever without heat until I crank it to max again.

So the blower comes on again after you turn down the thermostat?
First, do no harm.

#4 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:15 AM

Post some photos so we can see what you have

"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

#5 ACtechGUY

ACtechGUY

HAKUNA MATATA!!

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:MMMM..ANY....BEEEER....

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

Almost all furnaces have the ability to run the fan continuously. There is a tap on the control board in the furnace for continuous fan speed . That being said I think you should look at the thermostat and unscrew the thermostat (mercury section) from the base section and inspect it. look for the fan switch that may have been snapped off . Next look for a teminal marked G . Take that wire off. The fan should stop within 2 minutes (or immediatly) . If the fan still runs the problem is probably the fan speed tap in the furnace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics