Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

York Diamond 80 P4HUA12N06401A

Dallas Wilm

I just bought a house and it has a York Diamond 80 P4HUA12N06401A furnace. I am unfamiliar with this make/model and am just wondering if the fan is supposed to run continuously as this one does.

I found that if I cranked the thermostat to max and watched, the furnace will ignite and run for about 20 minutes and then shut off. Then when I return the thermostat to normal it seems that the fan cuts in and then just runs forever without heat until I crank it to max again.

The old mercury thermostat doesn't appear to have a fan control on it just temperature.

Is this a problem with the furnance or the thermostat?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jb8103

• applianceman18007260692

• ACtechGUY

• Dallas Wilm

I just bought a house and it has a York Diamond 80 P4HUA12N06401A furnace. I am unfamiliar with this make/model and am just wondering if the fan is supposed to run continuously as this one does.

I found that if I cranked the thermostat to max and watched, the furnace will ignite and run for about 20 minutes and then shut off.

You mean the furnace shuts off before the thermostat is satisfied? Does the blower come on during this twenty minute period?

Then when I return the thermostat to normal it seems that the fan cuts in and then just runs forever without heat until I crank it to max again.

So the blower comes on again after you turn down the thermostat?

Almost all furnaces have the ability to run the fan continuously. There is a tap on the control board in the furnace for continuous fan speed . That being said I think you should look at the thermostat and unscrew the thermostat (mercury section) from the base section and inspect it. look for the fan switch that may have been snapped off . Next look for a teminal marked G . Take that wire off. The fan should stop within 2 minutes (or immediatly) . If the fan still runs the problem is probably the fan speed tap in the furnace.