Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag MAH5500BWW s/n 74919775ZZ

Motor Control p/n 62722460

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brm123

brm123

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:50 PM

MichaelC - I have same problem but cannot find the control board under that part number. Can you tell me where you got the board and the correct number?

Thank you.

MichaelC
Grasshopper

Joined: Sun Jul 9th, 2006 Location: Posts: 3 Flavorite Brew: Status:
Offline Posted Image Hello!

I read the thread at:

<a href="http://applianceguru...m2/7579-1.html" target="_blank">http://applianceguru...um2/7579-1.html

and it was very helpful, but some of the parts in my machine appear to be different, so I can't Ohm out my motor using the same directions, I would appreciate any insight.

The basics:

Model MAH5500BWW

S/N 7491044524

I'm also getting the LR (locked rotor) indicator on the LED panel.

I took the machine apart and noticed that the tub drive pulley was a little loose, which caused the belt to track towards the inside and rub against the drum. I removed the bolt and insterted a flat washer beneath the lock washer and tightened. This took the slop out of the pulley, and the belt tracked correctly,so I thought I was done. No such luck, still getting LR.

I want to Ohm out my motor to see if I need a controller, motor, or both, but my connections are different than in the previous thread. First, it appears that the wires are all soldered to the controller board (no connector to unplug to test), second, the colors don't match those in the previous post, mine are:

Blue - White - Orange - Yellow - Red - Black

Finally, last tidbit, here's some info from my controller board:

Part # 62722460

Model number AA20630

Any help is appreciated!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

Maytag MAH5500BWW s/n 74919775ZZ

c.2002 series 74 "older" Motor & Controller
Motor Windings Check
1 . Disconnect power to the unit.
2 . Remove each pair of phase wires from the motor control and perform an ohm check of each wire leading to the motor.
Each wire pair should show 2-3 ohms resistance.
2 . There should be no continuity between any of the terminals and the frame of the motor.
3 . Check that all six motor terminals are secure and at the same height in the connector housing.
Replace motor if terminals are pressed into the motor.
4. Remount the six-position motor connector onto the motor.
Reassemble the drip shield cover onto the motor control.
5 . Reposition the motor control into the washer when finished.
Make sure the two screws and the twistlock wire ties are fastened properly to the wire harness.

Service Bulletin
TDL-0043A-B.pdf

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

How to check the motor on a Maytag Neptune MAH5500BWW washer

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 09 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

Grand Master RegUS_PatOff tiptoes us through these tulips:

Motor Windings Check

1 . Disconnect power to the unit.
2 . Remove each pair of phase wires from the motor control and perform an ohm check of each wire leading to the motor.
Each wire pair should show 2-3 ohms...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics