Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

robertmspeakout

Viking range knobs turn continuously - won't light or turn off (VGCIC48566SS)

8 posts in this topic

A babysitter at my home attempted to make my son dinner last night and somehow managed to take two of my range knobs (Viking 6-burner w/griddle - VGCIC48566SS) and render them unusable. When I got home, she showed me that the knobs now turn around continuously in both direction without much resistance at all, and without having to push them in. It's as if they are stripped. The other knobs stop firmly at off and high. These two, now, do not. I tried turning them many, many, times in both directions to see if I could get anything to "catch." Occasionally I will hear the ignition spark, but can't keep the knob in a position to keep it going long enough to light. One of the burners, attached to one of the two broken knobs, was lit at a very low flame and I could not get it to turn off. I ended up cutting the gas to the range. Any ideas of what happened and how I might fix this?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

She has ruined the gas valves...I can get you the part #s... you will have to get them somewhere besides repairclinic.com as Viking range corp. Are elitist a-holes who refuse to work with us...

Viking range corp. Are elitist a-holes who refuse to work with us...

True dat! And for the life of me, I have yet to figure out how the crackheads at Viking arrived at the conclusion that their shoddy, overpriced, sorry excuses for appliances are deserving of such elitism and exclusivity.

She has ruined the gas valves......

... OR are the Knobs just broken ?

... OR are the Knobs just broken ?

easy enuff to tell...switch broken knobs with working knobs...also

recheck and post that model # again...the first one has too many letters / digits, and i will get the part #s for ya...

I typed in the wrong model, BTW, it's actually the VGIC4856GSS

Knobs aren't broken...so it's something else. I guess the gas valves???

She has ruined the gas valves...

yep, said that already...part number for valves is 003519-000 .