Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Dryer doesn't heat (LDE8304ACE)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cboyce3

cboyce3

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

Our dryer is 16 yrs old and now doesn't heat in order to dry clothes. Vents appear to be free of lint build up which I've tried to keep from building up over the years. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the elements in this dryer's heating unit so I can figure out whether I should be replacing a small part, like the thermal fuse or high-limit thermostat or should just replace the whole heater assembly?
Don Boyce

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,160 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

Make sure you're getting 240vac (nominal) at the power terminals in back of the dryer:

Posted Image

Got some info on testing and replacing the heating element here ==> http://appliantology...electric-dryer/

Part link ==> http://www.repaircli...mber=LDE8304ACE

Wiring diagram:

Posted Image

#3 cboyce3

cboyce3

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

Thanks for the info. I pulled the heating assmbly from the dryer and tested the continuity at several points. Got continuity (a reading of ~17 ohms) across the heating element terminals. Got readings of ~0.1 ohms across the terminals for the thermal fuse and across the terminals of the high-limit thermostat. Would you agree that it looks like our heating assembly unit is still good and that I need to look elsewhere for the reason for the heating elements not coming on? If so, what should I be looking at?
Don Boyce

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,160 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:04 PM

I must be writing in invisible font again. And apparently my photos aren't showing up, either. :sillytongue:

Go back re-read very first thing I said in my post. :mage:

#5 cboyce3

cboyce3

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:37 AM

Mea culpa, Fermented GM! The back of the unit was difficult to get to and I assumed it was probably okay since the dryer was tumbling and moving cold air. Therefore, I did the continuity checks on the heating assembly as instructed first. Big mistake. I pulled the unit from its alcove this morning to do the voltage checks and could see that one of the leads from the power cord had fried! Looks like I'll be replacing the terminal block (~ $9) and the power cord. Thank you, Fermented GM.
Don Boyce

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,160 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics