Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Affinity ATF8000FG - E41, Door Locked WTD?

affinity e41 washer front loader

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ladymeag

ladymeag

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:?

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

I have a Frigidaire Affinity front-loading washing machine. It ran a full cycle and the contents (a blanket and mattress protector) were still soaked, so I rearranged them a bit and put them back in the machine and set it to a "spin only" cycle.

After I pushed the start button, it locked the door and lightly buzzed like it normally does and then threw up "PAU" on the display. I tried unplugging the machine, unplugging the machine for several minutes, and a few other things. When I press the start and cancel buttons simultaneously, it says E41, which I'm given to understand means the washer thinks the door is open.

I'm dead broke and need my kid's blanket - what can I do?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 ladymeag

ladymeag

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:?

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

Alright, so I went in and pushed against the shut door with my knee and held it there, tightly for the entire spin cycle. It worked. How likely is it that I simply had too many (two) larger items in the machine and it really wash pushing on the door or is it more likely that I have a faulty door lock?

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:07 PM

E41 = bad door switch. Common problem; easy, inexpensive fix. Come git you one...

Part link ==> Door Switch Assembly

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:09 PM

make sure the door hook isn't broken (close up below) - if it's OK, you be needin' a new latch

http://www.repaircli...mber=ATF8000FG1

01096422.jpg

http://www.repaircli...mber=ATF8000FG1

01235823.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

Good call, kdog! :thumbsup:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: affinity, e41, washer, front loader

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics