Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

The DIYer haiku

MikeStan

• 1 month later...

What, did the congressional super-committee axe haiku before they failed to accomplish anything constructive? Here's one to get the ball rolling.

Do-it-yourself'ers:

Learning curve can be shallow,

How much is time worth?

SD

• Like 3

No bites? OK, here's another:

Oven lies heat-less,

Parts strewn about the kitchen.

Hero makes it work.

A chef with no stove,

Fast food and cold-cuts, he eats.

Then fix-it-now helps.

Cold Shiner Kosmos

Sweats calmly on the coaster.

A day's work is done.

(Shiner Brewery is in Shiner, Texas)

Good day to all,

SD

• Like 1

These are really good. I'm too wordy to be good at haiku....it's actually a higher form of art than a standard free verse poem (Robert Frost says "writing free verse is like playing tennis without a net") not only do haiku's have a rigid structure but you have fewer words to convey your meaning. Much like a short story is a higher form of art than a novel. You see, I use too many words to say even the most simplest of things and i go on and on just to say the same thing over and over again as I am too wordy to say it in just a few words what you guys can say in a simple haiku although it is really a complex thing even though it is using just a few words which I am not really good at doing since I say the simplest things over and over again , you understand what i mean? :yes::dontknowaboutyou:

Edited by DurhamAppliance
  • Like 1