Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Andrew Dobrowolski

Bosch SHX46a05uc/14 dishwasher control panel lights

7 posts in this topic

I have a SHX46a05uc/14 Bosch dishwasher which stopped draining the water out of the base. I traced this to a sticky drain pump and "cured" it by removing the cover and spinning the impeller/vane by hand. It now works again as it should.

However another problem has cropped up. When the machine is turned on using the On/Off pushbutton, none of the red LEDS above any cycle button come on even if a button is pushed. Despite this the dishwasher completes it's cycle seemingly correctly - that is if the "Regular wash" button is pressed I get a correct cycle but no red LED indicator. At the end of the cycle the "clean" and :sanitized: LEDS are on as they should be.

If the machine is put into the self test mode the LEDS above all the buttons can be illuminated, so they are actually capable of coming on.

I wonder if anyone knows what is going on here and if I can get hold of a service manual for this machine?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I wonder if anyone knows what is going on here and if I can get hold of a service manual for this machine?

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

OK, thanks for the help so far. All the connections to the control module are good and as I posted previously, the dishwasher actually works as it is supposed to as far as washing dishes. The only thing wrong at the moment is the lack of indicator lights showing which cycle is selected.

Is there any way to "reset" the control module to the state it was shipped from the factory?

In the meantime I have ordered a new control module and will see if that resolves the issue.

In my new Apprentice status I would appreciate a service manual for the SHX46A05UC/14.

Thanks.

BoschDishwasherSearsServiceManual.pdf 11 MB

link PM'd

service manual will show programming if applicable

I received and fitted a new control module and everything works as it should again. It seems to me that since the control button lights are actually capable of coming on in test mode (with the original control module), that nothing is actually wrong with the original module hardware. For some reason, the firmware in the original module has got into a state where it is not working correctly. Expensive way to fix that - replace the module!

It would be very good if it were possible to reset everything to a "factory" state. I can not find any information on how this might be done in the service manual or anywhere else.

Thanks for your help.