Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Icemaker for GE refridge model #TBX21CIBLRWW not working

icemaker

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:26 AM

That's going to be the main problem, trying to keep the motor from turning when trying to unscrew the screw. The gear is already damaged so hold the gear with channel lock pliers to try and hold it steady when unscrewing the screw.

Also, take a close look at the large gear also, in your first picture it appears the teeth may be damaged at the spot where the broken gear tried to mess with the larger gear.

You don't have to worry about the timing, the large gear is keyed to the ice rake and can only be put on one way. It doesn't matter where the rake is pointed when you put it back together, it will just be in the middle of a cycle and will start and run thru the reminder of the cycle when you plug it back in.

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair, 18 October 2011 - 05:27 AM.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics