Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

LG ughh

LG WM2050CW Washer MAJOR PROBLEMS!

5 posts in this topic

I looked around on the forums and couldn't find this exact case... Starting getting the dreaded LE error approx. 1 month ago. I could tell the drum was slipping, I could see and hear it. I looked around on-line and decided to replace the Hall Effect Sensor. Did that, ran good for about 3 loads--then LE error again. Same problem with drum slipping and getting LE error. So then, I decided to replace the stator motor--did this (and by the way, it came with a NEW hall effect sensor!). I thought we were in business, then after a few loads---LE error again! We finally got the clothes in there spun out and after that the washer will not even power up now. Nothing. I unplugged, waited, re-plugged...won't do anything. I'm thinking this may be the Main Power Board???? Any thoughts or knowlege of this particular problem? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If your not getting any display lights at all now then yes you

probably have a bad main PCB located on the back panel of the machine.

you can remove the top of the machine an follow the power cord into the line filter

you should have 120VAC where the cord connects to the filter board.

If so. you will see another plug on the filter board that goes to the main PCB.

Disconnect that plug and you should have 120VAC coming out of the filter board

to the main PCB.

If 120V is present going out of the filter board then you have a bad PCB.

As Far as the LE code the next step i believe would be to ohm the motor windings

http://www.repaircli...Number=WM2050CW

01247947.jpg

Post the SERIAL NUMBER.

Thanks guys. Could the LE error be related to the PCB all along? As far as the motor & hall sensor, there both brand new. I'll have to post the serial number later--I'm not at home now.