Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

How to get my control lock to turn off?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jacksmom2

jacksmom2

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 07:24 AM

I bought my house 2 years ago.  the previous owner failed to leave the user's manual for the kitchenaid gas range.  one of my continuing frustrations with this range is the touchy control panel.  when our once-a-month housekeeper comes in, she shifts the temperature readings from F to C.  then as i was trying to remember how to fix that, i managed to get it in the "control lock" position.  i've tried pressing the start key for five seconds, tried cancel, etc.  nothing.

i know you say don't come to the board without the model number, but it's not available.  inside the door on the bottom left side is the tag that is supposed to have the model number and serial number.  only the latter is printed!  believe me, if i had the model number, kitchenaid would have been able to send me a new users manual.  they were no help without it.  :X  so i am trying to figure out how to use the stove and to come up with a few simple instructions for a cheat sheet to post near the stove for future reference. 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 07:46 AM

Have you called Kitchen-aid?? Usually manufacturers keep serial numbers specific. Meaning they can punch the serial number in it will bring up the model it was assigned to. I know when I have called manufacturers on consumers behalf's in the past for missing models to order parts, they have aways crossed it over for me. What is on your clock as far as options and drawings? A lot of companies use the Bake or oven temp key and cancel/off at the same time for 5 seconds. Others use the bake/oventemp button for 5 seconds. Some are nice enough to draw a picture of a lock on one of the key's . Obviously that is not yours.  
If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 jacksmom2

jacksmom2

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 08:12 AM

thanks.  after reading a lot of instructions for other ranges, i tried holding down control lock for a long time and it went off.  the f to c -- i used broil for 5+ seconds.  now i need to do that cheat sheet and laminate it and hang it somewhere!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics