Thermastat went blank, Honeywell t8411R 1028Honeywell t8411R 1028
Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:33 AM
So far I have tried,
1. Checking the fuse and it's fine. Nothing wrong with it.
2. Checking the wiring in the thermastat, everything is still conected.
3. Water pan under the air conditioner is empty.
4. Tried to jump the G, R, and Y wires and nothing.
Any other suggestions or thoughts?
The airconditioning unit is made by Carrier although I am not sure what model.
Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:25 AM
Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:04 PM
Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:20 PM
1) I'm not sure he knows what he's doing / how to test.
... The repair man came out and blew 7 transformers trying to figure out the problem.
... the $500 a year was definately worth it.
2) $500 a year insurance ?
DIYers: Save time and money by learning the secrets of appliance repair... Click Here!
Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:46 AM
Anyway, sounds like Ken's got a heat pump with maybe a shorted solenoid on the reversing valve. How that would take out the transformer before the fuse beats me, though.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users