Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hozer

furnace will not ignite Rheem model number RCDA-075A-AR

4 posts in this topic

When I turn the thermostat up with the fan on auto I get nothing. The blower comes on when I turn the fan to on, the AC works (compressor comes on) on cool when the fan is on auto, but I get nothing on heat setting. I pulled the thermostat off an jumper-ed the red and white wires and get nothing. It is an older furnace that has a pilot light and it is lit. I blew out all of the orifices with compressed air, turned the gas valve off and then back on and re-lit the pilot light but get no noise or anything when I turn the thermostat on heat and the temperature up. Any guesses? what should I try next?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The "Thermalcouple" which sits in the piolt generates minivoltage which energizes the solenoid on the gas valve allowing it to open. Change the thermalcouple (looks like a copper bulb with a tube going to the gas valve. :)

A bad Thermalcouple was my first thought but the local appliance center said if the pilot lite is lit and working it should be fine. Please advise

Check the voltage to the gas valve.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0