Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

mshope

Conversion to ERC #WB27T10327

14 posts in this topic

I just replaced my ERC Model #JRGS14GET with the alternative ERC #WB27T10327. I only have wires For G, Neu, L1, and Broiler. I do not have a wire that will go

into L1A that is located in the relay. The oven control panel is powered on but the oven function will not heat up. How should I resolve this?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Oven model number ?

The model is #JGRS14GEV1BB. I mistakenly put the wrong part number. The part number I replaced was #WB36K5130.

The new ERC should have come with an instruction sheet. Can you scan and post that? Or, if it's easier, you can fax it to me at 866-315-4504.

Most likely a jumper wire should be piggybacked from L1 to L1A on top of the relay to send L1 power leg to relay and then onto the bake/broil igniter when the relay closes.

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair
1 person likes this

I read a previous discussion a few days ago with the same solution, Sensei. I have never down this before. How would I go about it?

can you post a picture (somewhere) of your new Controller with the wires connected ?

Here is the image. As you can see, I believe I need to have the L1 wire also go to the L1A found in the relay. I have never split a wire to hit two components. Know any links to tell me how to do this?

post-64948-0-60095700-1319171857_thumb.j

Did the kit come with this Black Wire ?

Can you post a close-up picture of each end of that Wire ?

Did you need to use it ?

If not needed, does either end fit onto L1A ?

If yes, you could then cut the Black Wire and the Wire going to L1,

and use one of the Wire nuts to twist all (3) ends together.

00830251.jpg

Here is the image.

Image shows White wire on L1 and Black wire on Neutral, Seems backwards by standard color codes...

... Seems backwards by standard color codes...

aahhh, yes , didn't notice ..

Switched those two around and still got nothing. I placed the wiring as it was in my previous ERC. I may have unintentionally did that when we were trying to move things around to try to get it to start after the first time it didn't work. Here is a link to the previous discussion I spoke of: http://appliantology.org/topic/14541-touchpad-frustration-with-kenmore-9113012990-oven/page__p__87656__hl__wb27t10327__fromsearch__1#entry87656

The conclusion they came to was to jumper the L1 wire to go to both the L1 and L1A, so I'm taking it to be my solution too. Just got to figure out how to do that.

The black wire was just a ground wire. Do you still want the picture?

Thanks for sticking with me, guys. Just a 25-year-old girl trying to figure out how to wire her oven. :o)

... The black wire was just a ground wire. Do you still want the picture?

no, ... it may not be ":big enough" to use for the L1A

I'll do some searching for an alternate wire / adapter