Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Icemaker Problem - Amana Bottom Freezer-Refrigerator - Model BX22A2W

icemaker

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MSBRANDON

MSBRANDON

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:47 PM

Hello. I need some input on my icemaker issues with the stated refrigerator. The icemaker makes ice, but every few days I have to remove a huge "block" of ice in the corner of my ice bin under the icemaker, near the back wall (near water inlet). Any ideas? Time to get a new icemaker? I did did some review under the FAQs and trouble-shooting info on the board for icemakers, before posting, but didn't see anything that applied to my issue. Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

may be a leaky Water Inlet Valve
OR the Inlet Hose isn't positioned / spraying
pictures ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 MSBRANDON

MSBRANDON

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

may be a leaky Water Inlet Valve
OR the Inlet Hose isn't positioned / spraying
pictures ?

Thanks Sensei. I looked more closely at my issue, after reading your post. Water droplets are dropping into the ice bin; looks like they are originating from the "bottom" of the ice-maker (near the end of icemaker - on the inlet hose side of the icemaker). I can take a pick of the icemaker and bin, but I don't think you will be able to see much, other than a "pyramid" shaped block of ice, which forms in the ice bin, from the water droplets near the inlet hose side of the icemaker. Hope this makes sense.

#4 MSBRANDON

MSBRANDON

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:34 AM

Well, my "issue" isn't getting worse, but it sure is annoying (i.e., have to break-up ice every couple of days). Can the icemaker water tray develop cracks that would cause it to water to the ice bin, below?

#5 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:28 PM

Yes, icemakers can corrode and leak, especially if you have well water. Take the icemaker out and dry it off and fill it with water to see if it leaks and or turn the icemaker off and see if the ice still builds up. If the ice still builds up with the icemaker off then you have a faulty water valve.

#6 MSBRANDON

MSBRANDON

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

Thanks Kohai. I have turned the icemaker off and there is no ice build-up. I will take the icemaker out and do as you suggested. Thanks!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics