Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

MSBRANDON

Icemaker Problem - Amana Bottom Freezer-Refrigerator - Model BX22A2W

6 posts in this topic

Hello. I need some input on my icemaker issues with the stated refrigerator. The icemaker makes ice, but every few days I have to remove a huge "block" of ice in the corner of my ice bin under the icemaker, near the back wall (near water inlet). Any ideas? Time to get a new icemaker? I did did some review under the FAQs and trouble-shooting info on the board for icemakers, before posting, but didn't see anything that applied to my issue. Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

may be a leaky Water Inlet Valve

OR the Inlet Hose isn't positioned / spraying

pictures ?

may be a leaky Water Inlet Valve

OR the Inlet Hose isn't positioned / spraying

pictures ?

Thanks Sensei. I looked more closely at my issue, after reading your post. Water droplets are dropping into the ice bin; looks like they are originating from the "bottom" of the ice-maker (near the end of icemaker - on the inlet hose side of the icemaker). I can take a pick of the icemaker and bin, but I don't think you will be able to see much, other than a "pyramid" shaped block of ice, which forms in the ice bin, from the water droplets near the inlet hose side of the icemaker. Hope this makes sense.

Well, my "issue" isn't getting worse, but it sure is annoying (i.e., have to break-up ice every couple of days). Can the icemaker water tray develop cracks that would cause it to water to the ice bin, below?

Yes, icemakers can corrode and leak, especially if you have well water. Take the icemaker out and dry it off and fill it with water to see if it leaks and or turn the icemaker off and see if the ice still builds up. If the ice still builds up with the icemaker off then you have a faulty water valve.

Thanks Kohai. I have turned the icemaker off and there is no ice build-up. I will take the icemaker out and do as you suggested. Thanks!!!