Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

AAV7000AWW admiral -- agitates fine but spins crappy or not at all

AAV7000AWW wont spin spin

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 viqx

viqx

Samanera

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

My sister has an admiral AAV7000AWW. It agitates fine but won't spin. The belt spins fine but the tub can only eke out the occasional weak quarter turn, then stops again.

While watching it fail to spin with a fork stuck in the lid switch, she was feeling brave and gave the tub a manual push start. It sort of caught, went about six turns at a sluggish 50-70rpm and then stopped again.

Looking in the forums for similar problems, I'm guessing it has something to do with the tubs (or brake?) bound by something, but does anyone want to refute/corroborate this theory before I go over there again to do some exploratory surgery?

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

Sounds like you might need this part as well as a new belt.

http://www.repaircli...2002213/1042142

http://www.repaircli...e/21352320/1318
Scott Wolf

#3 viqx

viqx

Samanera

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

For what it's worth, it turns out the belt is new. She just replaced it when the problem started getting bad apparently, and the new one is still in good shape. No glazing or anything.

Think I should still drop the $60 on the pulley? It was in my "cart" after looking at another thread and the takeapart diagram, but I was hoping someone would suggest a magic free fix. Cheapness springs eternal...

Edited by viqx, 16 October 2011 - 09:11 PM.

#4 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

Remove the front panel of the washer and set the machine on the very end of the wash cycle. When the machine stops agitating and starts the spin and drain cycle, the machine should make a "thunk" noise and the motor should pivot on it's plate to allow the machine to start the spin cycle, if you don't hear the thunk and see the motor pivot on it's plate, the motor pivot plate may need some lubrication.
Scott Wolf

#5 viqx

viqx

Samanera

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

New thrust bearing made all the difference! Thanks! I felt silly having to buy a whole "kit" when the pulley and other parts were fine, but I appreciate you humoring my attempt at frugality. The motor was pivoting fine on the plate.

#6 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:58 PM

Glad I helped you fix it.

That's the only way they sell that part, as a complete kit.
Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics