Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

doivberg

Frigidaire washer spin help GLTF1670AS0

19 posts in this topic

I am having problems with my Frigidaire front load washer GLTF1670AS0 Final spin cycle. After it goes through the rest of the cycles (washing, rinse), it won't do a proper Final spin and the clothes are still soaked when it finishes. But the thing is during the Final spin cycle, the clothes are still turning, just slowly -- and I guess final spin should be fast -- and the clothes are still soaked as it hasn't drained.

My solution so far has been to reset the dial to final spin a couple times, until it works. So since it does sometimes do the fast Final spin when I do this, the washer obviously has the ability to still do Final spin and drain, it just doesn't do it most of the time.

I opened the bottom of the washer and checked the hoses and pump for clogs where they are connected. I didn't find anything, which I suppose makes sense since the washer is able to occasionally do Final spin and drain, just not most of the time.

Please help! I don't know what to check next. :S

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... it won't do a proper Final spin

is it Pumping out all of then Water first ?

During the rinse cycle, the water is pumping out I believe, but the clothes are still soaked when it finishes, so it just doesn't seem to pump out during final spin.

or I wonder if the water isn't pumping out during final spin, since the final spin cycle is not ringing the water out of the clothes to the hose?... Not sure if that's how it's supposed to work.

has to Pump out all of the Water before it will high-speed Spin

If that's the case, then I suppose most the water is being pumped out before the final spin, if you don't count the fact that the clothes themselves are still soaked at the end. But I still don't understand why if I reset it to Final Spin a couple times after the first time, it will eventually do the high speed spin? where or what should I check for?

... don't understand why if I reset it to Final Spin a couple times after the first time,

it will eventually do the high speed spin?

is it Pumping any more water out when you set it to Final Spin ?

Is the Door locked ?

Is the Door really locked ?

While the Door is locked, remove the Washer Power Cord from the Wall Outlet.

Can you then Open the Door right away,

OR only after a few minutes ?

so as a test, I set the washer to just before Final spin and turned it on so water would go into the washer. Then, when I dialed it to final spin, the water did pump out.

The door was locked - the Door Lock light is on and I cannot open it. While it was locked, I pulled the power cord, and the door can open right away.

While it was locked, I pulled the power cord, and the door can open right away.

Valuable additional info! This indicates a bad door latch assembly ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Switch-Assembly/131763202/1531974?modelNumber=GLTF1670AS0

Replace it before the speed control board.

hi Samurai, it does kick into high speed after a couple tries, if I re-dial it to final spin after the initial cycle. It just doesn't do it on the first try, or sometimes the second.

Valuable additional info! This indicates a bad door latch assembly ==> http://www.repaircli...ber=GLTF1670AS0

Replace it before the speed control board.

This is interesting, because I had just replaced the door latch with a new one a couple weeks ago, before all this started. (I thought I had a faulty door latch at the time, when in fact the rubber lining was simply not secured properly). In any case, I tried connecting the door latch both old and new as in the video, but the door will still open immediately after I unplug the power. Unless I am connecting it the wrong way, and I don't see any other way it can be connected, I'm not sure what is going on.

can the wires of the door latch assembly only connect in one direction or could it be backwards somehow causing it not to function properly?

can the wires of the door latch assembly only connect in one direction

How would you do that ? :kopkrab:

Doesn't it just plug-in ?

yes it just plugs in. that's why i don't understand how the latch could be the problem. I just wonder if I did something wrong when I put in the new latch, because the issue seems to have started not long after replacing it, and the door can be opened immediately after unplugging the power -- which you seem to indicate is not right.

... door can be opened immediately after unplugging the power -- which you seem to indicate is not right.

...after a minute or two in the Spin Cycle ..

OR it may be a bad Controller (or it's connections)

So this is what I found. I replaced the door latch with the old one. When the washer is running in rinse cycle, if I turn off the washer by pushing the knob in (instead of by pulling the plug), the door can open after a couple minutes -- so I guess this is good. With the old latch in place, I was able to go through a wash cycle normally the first time, it did the fast spin during Spin cycle and all the water was drained. I am not sure if this was a fluke or maybe the "new" door latch was faulty. I will have to do a couple more test runs to see if it is really fixed. Will let you guys know soon. Thanks.

just FYI, it has been a couple weeks since I replaced the door latch, and the Spin cycle seems to be working again. It does occasionally behave badly with the clothes coming out soaked again, but usually it is good again. So I guess this was the problem, when I tried to change the door latch the first time. Thanks so much for your help in pointing me to this part of the washer!

Check the shocks for cracked or broken ends. Also check the spin basket for excess movement. Is it loud when spinning high speed empty?