Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jpk

Oven door not holding closed. Emilia EL865E1

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a customer that has an Emilia stove that wont stay closed. The door sits slighty ajar, and doenst appear to have enough closing tension to stay closed.

Manufacturer: Emilia

Model: EL865E1

Type: E48619V 137 AA

Does anyone have access to a manual, or any experience with these units. I'd like to go there with an idea whether it is likely to be an adjustment, or require new parts?

Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

It needs new door hinges. Never heard of that brand before, so I don't know where to obtain parts.

Hi thanks for the reply. I haven't hear of them before either. Their website is: http://www.glemgas.com.au/

So I gather stove hinges in general are prone to failing / wearing?

Thanks.

contact the importer

details on their webpage

Hi, yes I've already done that, and have a price on the hinges, was just trying to get a feel for the likelihood of them being the faulty item. I have also asked this of the importer. I'll go and pull it apart for a look when I get a chance.

Thanks.

You might want to see if this model has hinge receivers, the part in the frame the hinge would hook onto. If those are bent, it would keep the door from closing also...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0