Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Oven door not holding closed. Emilia EL865E1

Oven Door Ajar Spring Adjustment Emilia EL865E1

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jpk

jpk

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Carlton Draught

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:36 AM

Hi, I have a customer that has an Emilia stove that wont stay closed. The door sits slighty ajar, and doenst appear to have enough closing tension to stay closed.

Manufacturer: Emilia
Model: EL865E1
Type: E48619V 137 AA

Does anyone have access to a manual, or any experience with these units. I'd like to go there with an idea whether it is likely to be an adjustment, or require new parts?

Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

It needs new door hinges. Never heard of that brand before, so I don't know where to obtain parts.
Scott Wolf

#3 jpk

jpk

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

Hi thanks for the reply. I haven't hear of them before either. Their website is: http://www.glemgas.com.au/

So I gather stove hinges in general are prone to failing / wearing?

Thanks.

#4 J5

J5

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:18 PM

contact the importer

details on their webpage

#5 jpk

jpk

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:27 AM

Hi, yes I've already done that, and have a price on the hinges, was just trying to get a feel for the likelihood of them being the faulty item. I have also asked this of the importer. I'll go and pull it apart for a look when I get a chance.

Thanks.

#6 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:14 AM

You might want to see if this model has hinge receivers, the part in the frame the hinge would hook onto. If those are bent, it would keep the door from closing also...
We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics