Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Performa PAV2360AWW - Water overflow and squealing when stopping from spin cycle

Performa Maytag overflow water squeal squealing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johnblaze

johnblaze

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:19 AM

Washer is 8 years old. Yesterday, I washed a very light load and the agitator got out of line and started banging against the sides of the covering panels of the washer. I readjusted the clothes and continued the wash cycle.

When it got to the rinse cycle and started filling water, the water kept filling and did not stop, ultimately causing a flood. I checked it again this AM and it is doing the same thing. Also, when the machine stop during a spin cycle, it makes a loud, squealing noise like a pig getting slaughtered.

Is this something a novice can fix with a manual or should I call a repairman? Any guides showing what I can do to fix this?

Any feedback appreciated. Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:28 AM

You are lucky this washer lasted 8 years.

The brake stator is worn on your machine and requires a special tool which is no longer available.

The water over flowing is probably caused by the water level pressure switch hose coming off the air pressure dome on the left side of the tub when it went off balance. That's the easy repair.

It's time to buy a new machine.
Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics