Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Admiral LNC6762B71 - thrust bearing replaced...still not spinning

thrust bearing transmission

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 King

King

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Mich Ultra

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

I noticed that my washer was making a 'bad' sound while agitating, on all cycles. It would drain and spin when I changed the cycle to spin...but the clothes were not as 'dry' as they used to be. I replaced the thrust bearing, however the replacement bearing was slightly different than the destroyed bearing I took out. (apparently this is the new & improved design)

Anyway, in order to get the retaining clip on I had no room on the shaft to install the washer...fine, went to Ace and bought a nylon washer so there would be one between the retaining clip and the cam. Tested to make sure the cam was within upper and lower limits to check brake disengagement. I am within the minimum (barely) but I am within it.

Here's the problem...when I rotae the drive pulley in the counter-clockwise or clockwise direction, the tub STILL does not turn! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Does this mean my transmisssion is bad? I saw another bearing in there....do I bother to replace that? I don't know where to go from here!

Please help!!!!

P.S. I just moved and all of my old diagrams/notes etc. are lost i the oblivion I call a storage unit. I replaced the motor in this machine back in....oh, '09, I think. with the help of this forum of course!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:39 PM

Remove the front panel of the washer and set the machine on the very end of the wash cycle. When the machine stops agitating and starts the spin and drain cycle, the machine should make a "thunk" noise and the motor should pivot on it's plate to allow the machine to start the spin cycle, if you don't hear the thunk and see the motor pivot on it's plate, the motor pivot plate may need some lubrication.

If that works like it should, you have the thrust bearing assembled wrong or you have to use the thin metal washer that came in the package, not the nylon washer.
Scott Wolf

#3 King

King

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:59 PM

Here's a dumb question...I'll have to let it fill with water in order to do this, right?

Oh, and if I use the thin metal washer, the cam pointer thing is below the minimum Pulley Hub reference.

#4 King

King

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

I filled the tub and when it started agitating, that cursed noise was still there. Like a fast knocking (?), when it started to spin, the tub moved and I don't recall if I heard the clunk or not...so I took my screwdriver out of the door switch and then stuck it back in, but then the tub stopped spinning. So, initally it did spin and then it didn't. Washer was empty, I don't know if this makes a difference.

But here's the real rub, what is that damn sound? Under the tub there is a triangular shaped piece which is the lower bearing assembly...what's that damn noise!!!!!

CRAP!!!! I need to do laundry!

#5 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:57 PM

Sounds like the brake is hanging up, if that's the case it's time to pull the plug on this machine and buy a new one.
Scott Wolf

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:32 PM

should've been here a week ago : :mellow:
http://appliantology...but-now-269-ea/
goes on sale every few months
(until they're gone. . . no longer made)

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#7 King

King

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:02 AM

Poo poo pooo! I had several people listen and help with the description of the noise...the winner is: like ratcheting. When it spins there is no noise.

With the front cover off I listened and felt it while running (agittating) and the location of it is the transmission (I think).

Either way, transmission or brake, it's a gonner, right? If that's true, is there anything wrong with running it until it completely dies? I mean it does spin now! ;)

By the way, THANK YOU Scottthewolf, I had some hope earlier today and I was excited, I appreciate the info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics