Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

robnw

Dacor ERD30 Broiler Failure

9 posts in this topic

The broiler in my Dacor dual-fuel range (ERD30) quit working. (I believe it might have quit after my daughter left the broiler on for hours, but I am not certain....) I hear a click in the oven after initiating broiling, but it never fires up. Other oven modes work perfectly, except that preheating is slow due to the lack of the broiler's participation.

Will you please tell me how to troubleshoot and fix the problem?

And, please be patient: I am an expert gynecologist, but a novice appliantologist. (I did, however, successfully repair two washers with your assisance, and I am most grateful!)

Thanks,

RobNW

Edited by robnw

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

No - Don't see any glow at all (broiler on, door open).

Sorry I missed this post.

Thanks,

Rob

could also be broken..

may have to measure the volatge 120v AC across the Ignitor wires

I dropped the igniter down... Where do I check the voltage? On the igniter, or at the other end of the wires? If the latter, how do I get to where they're attached?

Thanks,

Rob

either end of the wires should have the same voltage

Does the bake work? If it's out, too, then you may have tripped the overload behind the door lock assembly. This will happen if you broil with the door open, for example.

Bake works. Controls seem to be working, too. Preheat is slow; I assume because the broiler is out.

I can't figure out where to check the 120 voltage: do I just test it at the element of the igniter as it exits the ceramic part? (The wires are heavily insulated in the oven, and I don't see any accessible terminals before the ceramic part of the igniter.) And, I don't know where the other end of the wires connect, as I haven't taken anything else on the over apart.

Thanks,

Rob

check for 120v Ac at the BR Terminal on the Main Relay Board

00645124.jpg