LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Whirlpool GR2SHKXKB01 Refrigerator

jambatt

Can the EC be jumped like the GE board to put unit into defrost?? Heat element shows continuity but unit keeps freezing up. Can't find defrost timer so assume EC initiates defrost cycle.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jambatt

• DurhamAppliance

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• RegUS_PatOff

see:

"STEPS TO ENTER ELECTRONIC DEFROST CONTROL TEST MODE"

on PDF page 1 of Wiring Sheet - 2213196

Just curious, why not test defrost limit while you were testing heater? If it passed then replacing the adc board would be a no brainer. I use the adc test to prevent me from opening up evap panel but if I have to expose evap anyhow I'll just test heater and bimetal the old fashioned way. Even it it means I have to splice the bimetal. if I tested the board first, there is a high percent chance I have to open panel anyway (heater doesn't comes on or have to steam defrost to assist heater). Maybe I'm missing the obvious or just don't trust these boards enough.

• 4 weeks later...

Replaced bimetal and ADC. Unit still freezing up. Cannot get ADC to go into test mode. Bimetal and heater element check for continuity. Can we assume new ADC is bad?? or am I missing something else that would cause it not to go into defrost//

Don't forget that calrod heaters should be tested for continuity and resistance. Resistance should be somewhere between 11 and 30 ohms.

• Team Samurai

If the ADC won't go into test mode and the defrost components themselves check good, then replace the ADC. Slam dunk ==> Defrost Control Board