Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Error Code on GE Profile S-S PSC23SHTE SS

Communication Error

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 b25pilot

b25pilot

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:MGD

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

This morning we awoke to a refrigator displaying 25F for the freezer and 45F for the refrigerator. I promptly tried to lower the temps on the temperature controls to no avail. I quickly bought some dry ice and moved the freezer items to a cooler, the ice cream did not make it.
removed the back card board panel, vacuumed the coil from the back removed the kick plate and vacuumed what i could from the front. I then unplugged the power and let it sit for thirty minutes (reset). I plugged it back in and it started to cool, the temperature controls were way off display read 34F for freezer but actual thermometer read 12F, frig was at 52F but was close to 40F. So I called GE Service as Sears could not be hear until Thursday! I then found these forums and started reading. As well the temperature started to fall and are getting closer to matching the temp control display, so i canceled the service call. I also obtained the self diagnostic tests and found no errors on the control and sensor system self-test (5 - Ps) as well as any other, upon exiting I performed a Refrigerator reset and the temps have now gotten even closer. However during the self diagnostic tests I receieved a FAIL on the Temperature control panel to dispenser board communication, could this have been the cause of the high temps? If so what needs to be replaced?

Thanks
Chuck

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:18 PM

This morning we awoke to a refrigator displaying 25F for the freezer and 45F for the refrigerator.

was the Compressor running ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 b25pilot

b25pilot

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:54 AM

I do not remember, but as i thought more about the condition of the food, i remembered that everything in the top of the freezer was defrosted and the bottom was frozen solid. When we discovered this my wife had removed a pizza box from the freezer, it was a square pizza not the typical round she usually buys. Upon further investigation, I found the pizza box fit the inside dimensions of the freezer almost perfectly blocking air flow from the bottom of the freezer.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,031 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:23 AM

That'll do it!

Seeing the temperatures drop nicely?

#5 b25pilot

b25pilot

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:16 PM

That'll do it!

Seeing the temperatures drop nicely?

Ok so it has been about eight days and now it is starting all over again, the ice in the ice maker started to melt, temp was up to 20F in the freezer and 58F in the Fridge.
Ran self diag and receieved FAIL on the Temperature control panel to dispenser board communication, could this have been the cause of the high temps? Also on the dispenser door side behind the kickplate the is a wire connector, that is ot connected.

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

was the Compressor running ?

#7 b25pilot

b25pilot

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:18 AM

yes it runs, i cleaned the front of the jelly roll coil as it had some dust/hair buildup. The temps are coming down, but the back of the freezer has some ice on it, i decided to throw it into defrost to melt some of this off, should I be able to feel the defrost heaters through the cover?

#8 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:52 AM

... the back of the freezer has some ice on it,
... should I be able to feel the defrost heaters through the cover?

1) sounds like a Defrost problem OR a sealed system problem (leak)
2) probably not,
may need to see a picture of the frost pattern of the Evaporator Coils behind that inside wall.

#9 b25pilot

b25pilot

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:13 AM

ice formed after ice maker dripped on back wall as the freezer heated up. is there a diffence in the technical manual for as PSS23 and my PSC23?
Also anyone got an answer on the FAIL on the Temperature control panel to dispenser board communication?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Communication Error

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics