Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sylaissar

Maytag MAH6700AWW not spinning right for final spin

11 posts in this topic

I am having a problem with my Maytag MAH6700AWW, it is not spinning fast enough on final spin. No issues with water drain or anything, it just does not spin fast enough. I can not seem to find a service manual anywhere for it (that is free that is). I read that it may be a belt, worn motor pulley or a tub bearing.

Any other insight into this matter?

I appreciate it alot! Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Turn machine on and press and hold "Chime" and "Extra Rinse" until control beeps (about 3 seconds)

Then press "Delay start and "Rinse and Spin" - this should run the machine through a Quick spin test

There is likely a techsheet folded up under the small panel at the bottom which will expand on these tests (unless previously pillaged by the Gnomes). We have manuals available here that are free with an apprenticeship - we could charge more for that, but we don't.

Don't be hasty to dismiss the pump as being an issue as it can become partially clogged (or items in filter) so that it just drains too poorly - while you have that access open, unscrew the pump guard and see if you don't find those missing Golf Tees

Thanks much! I will get into the pump today and see what is up.

I took the back off the washer, as well as had the door open. Upon inspection, I noticed that the drum seems to flop around in the machine, as well as the gasket seems to be torn up. It appears to me that the tub bearings have failed, usually that is the case of things flopping around (I am a Sprint Car Mechanic/Driver) when it comes to cars. Is there a guide on how to do this process? And anyone know what parts I will need? I know I need a new front door bellow, but unsure what exactly the part numbers are for anything, including bearings and the bellow. Any other parts that you would recommend I replace at this time because of the bearing failure?

Any recommendations?

Why buy a new one? No need to, I mean, yeah, it will take time and some parts to fix it, but it seems like the parts are 50 bucks for the kit, I paid 150 for the set, worth it to fix them instead of replacing the washer.

Any recommendations as far as replacing the bearings go?

50 bucks for the kit,

What kit would that be ? You'll need a door seal as you mentioned, If the tub has enough play that it is contacting the boot, then there must be some serious wear - We replace the tub pieces which have bearings and seal factory installed - and that kind of wear will also mean the spider shaft of the spin drum will also be worn - usually part of the drum itself. I think that machine is made by Samsung,the only one of those I ever replaced, came as an entire Tub Assembly ($$$$) outer and inner tubs preassembled

Yes, the tub bearing kit is 50 and the door seal is a little under 100 bucks. From what the parts diagram looks like, they can be bought seperately. I am gonna take it apart tomorrow night and see exactly what all I need other than what I expect. The tub flopped around because of the bearing issue. I need to see what exactly what it all looks like.

Yes, the tub bearing kit is 50

... part number ?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0