Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidenceā€¦

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
bmacbride

Frost in Freezer Kitchenaid fridge model KSSP48QJTS00

7 posts in this topic

I have an old built in Kitchenaid side by side. It builds up frost around the top of the freezer door . I have had 3 companies come out and try to fix the problem with no success. They put frreon in it, replace the door seal. I think the problem may be the door seal. I think it may seal worse after they replaced it, but hate to buy another seal. They have heated the seal with a hair dryer to make it seal better, but still no luck.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

They should have given the seal a hot water bath before installation. It sometimes takes a few days for the seal to conform to fridge. I would also check the following

ice dispenser door sealing properly?

freezer light turning off when door closed?

Evap fan turning? has there been any work on the evap fan motor or fan blade change recently?

Freezer door popping open accidentally when fridge is closed?

Try the George Washington test on both Door Gaskets ...

Close the Door on George and slide him around the Gasket.

Check to be sure he stays snug

Also check the door hinges, make sure they're not bent and that white spacer washer is intact. If the hinges are messed up, it'll cause the door to be off from where it's supposed to meet the cabinet.

Door hinges look good. Light tuning off, ice despnser door closing good.

The George test fails in the corner where the ice is concentrated. The seal has been on there for months. I guess I should take it off and soak it?

if it's easily removable..

OR maybe a hair dryer (carefully) may work