Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

My Path Has Lead Me To A Bosch WTMC3521UC, My Battle, To Install It.

Propane dryer regulator HAI KU

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 VitalBodies

VitalBodies

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Organic Home Brew

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:23 AM

Here in the rain forest (80 inches a year average) we use a drying rack so we can move it in and out at a moments notice. But there are those times of year a dryer would nice as it can be cloudy for long periods of time. Even the drying rack can get moldy if one is not careful.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 VitalBodies

VitalBodies

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:52 AM

The next worthy challenge is the dryer duct. Through the floor wooden is our option.
Thus:
Out the back of the dryer (south) > down > Towards the north > termination.
Ponder-able are the details. Pulling out the dryer, not using much if any flex duct, not taking up much room behind the dryer, ease of cleaning etc.
Seem like straight metal 4" duct for the north run and a louvered termination to keep birds and animals and drafts out are worth considering.
I have been wondering about what to have for a port in the floor?
A dryerbox might help as it might allow more room for a transition from south to down to north but that might require flex duct to allow the dryer to pull out.
The other idea was use a 45 degree corner (south and down) and a 45 degree corner (down and north) and move the washer out to get to the dryer duct to connect and disconnect to move the dryer.

Online I did not find much to create a finished (something other than a crudely cut hole) port through the floor. There is the dryerdock but everything else seemed to assume would terminate the second you made it through the wall or floor.

#23 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,202 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:21 PM

Condensing dryers have much longer drying times and are more failure prone than vented dryers.

#24 VitalBodies

VitalBodies

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:14 AM

"40% energy rating, which essentially means it is 40% more energy efficient than comparable 'A' rated dryers.": Bosch Dryer

Not to say this is the dryer to get or not...

Some unusual and interesting washers and dryers...

#25 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,202 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

The guy in that link doesn't know what he's talking about. Probably a salesman.

#26 VitalBodies

VitalBodies

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

They are talking about government standards in Europe much like our EnergyStar program here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics