Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

How can I improve quality of Frigidaire-Electrolux FD Gallary Series

quality Frigidaire Electrolux French Door Gallery Series Temperature problems LGUB2642LF

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Steve_J

Steve_J

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:00 PM

I purchased a $2000 Frigidaire French Door Gallery series, model LGUB2642LF, only to have 5 different service calls repairing nine different items in just 10 months to fix or replace parts of it that seemed of very poor quality. Furthermore the original complaint of an unsafe temperature discrepancy was never resolved in the entire 10 months.

Of the nine different failures in ten months, three was failures of both ice-makers (repairman advised this is very common on Frigidaire/Electrolux products), one was a produce drawer that literally fell apart in our hands when opening (quality?), yet they say that is not even COVERED in the manufacturer's warranty. Another problem was the bottom seal repeatedly falling off the bottom drawer allowing hot outside air to enter (was told by repairman this also is a very COMMON issue). The last repair was to the bottom drawer rails and slides, they still have not been repaired. One repair was to replace a thermo-couple sensor that was not even bad that actually worsened the problem.

One of my main gripes was that we lost about $600 food cost due to a deceptive design flaw that seems common to all Frigidaire Gallery series as well as Electrolux Icon. The front has a deceptive readout that shows 33 degrees, yet NOWHERE inside of the cooler area is it an FDA safe food storage temperature of 41 and below (My wife is ServeSafe Certified for Food handling Management and alerted me tot he problem). Food temperatures inside the upper cooler stays a very dangerous 45-55 degrees.

Electrolux/Lowe's refuse to refund so I can get a better quality frig. They only want to exchange the frig for another one with the SAME design flaws. They also refuse to cover the food loss cost. Their "policies" they quoted me did not even comply with basic federal Lemon Laws and refund the total frig cost, taxes and food cost.

It still sits after ten months not repaired (parts STILL on order) nor even close to the correct/safe temperature for food storage. ... so how do I improve the quality AFTER you are suckered into buying it?

When the last repairman advised me there was another victim that bought a unit just like ours less than thirty miles away with the exact same problem, I felt I should become a consumer activist and advise everyone to beware!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

should check with the store where it was purchased..
it may be too late ..
(maybe not, ,if you have the repair paperwork)

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:57 PM

See if Lowe's will take it back and let you pick out a Kitchen Aid or Whirlpool French door refrigerator.
Scott Wolf

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quality, Frigidaire, Electrolux, French Door, Gallery Series, Temperature problems, LGUB2642LF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics