Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchen Aid Dishwasher KUDM25SHBL1 Panel Lights Flashing

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ciucca

ciucca

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:43 AM

My DW started exhibiting the following behavior. In the middle of a normal or scrub cycle the unit will stop and the button and cycle light (wash, rinse,...) will blink in unison. The blinking is a pattern of long and short pulses. Is this some error code? I can clear the condition by cutting the power to the unit for around 5 minutes and then switch the breaker on everything is back to normal for a few wash cycles and then it starts again.

From reading the technical reference sheet in the washer, it seems to imply that the blinking is a bad keypad. From searching this board it appears that the problem is either the control panel or the "electronic control Assembly".

Since these parts are expensive and i don't wish to purchase both, does anyone from the description have an idea which is more likely? Also to the long and short pulses mean anything? like a morse error code maybe. I didn't see anything in the technical spec sheet.

Thanks You

Another Happy Kitchen Aid Dishwasher owner

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:16 AM

Kitchen Aid Dishwasher KUDM25SHBL1 Panel Lights Flashing

From the sound of what is happening and looking at your tech sheet seems like a touch pad may be sticking....if the parts are ordered thru this site they can be returned, less shipping costs, if it does not solve the problem....;)

Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:19 AM

Here is a SERVICE POINTER also for the KA DW's, however it does not list your model number...
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#4 jjdonohue

jjdonohue

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:00 PM

Hi

I had the same problem with a kitchenaid dishwasher of similar part number.  It was about 4 yrs old at the time.   it turns out the entire control panel had to be replaced because the dc-dc converter could not tolerate fluctuations in voltage from the house.  In my neighborhood, house voltage is not a steady 120 volts.   Subsequently, the control panel eventually started exhibiting the behavior you are describing.   My panel was under warranty so that was replacable, but I still had to pay labor i think.  

Hope that helps

#5 ciucca

ciucca

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 04:17 AM

Thanks to all who answered.

My plan is to replace the Control assembley first and then if that doesn't work the control key pad.  It may cost my as little as $100 or upto $250.  I guess that is ok for a 5 year old dishwasher. It's still less than the $1000 :yikes: for the new one my wife would be willing to replace it with.  I will post the results so hopefully it can help someone else in the future. 

#6 ciucca

ciucca

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:59 AM

Update.

It turned out to be the Control Panel. I replaced it and it has been working fine ever since.

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,051 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:21 AM

Thanks for letting us know. :dude:

#8 Bonedoggie

Bonedoggie

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:45 PM

I have the same symptoms. Is it agreed that it is best to replace the electronic control first?

#9 Bonedoggie

Bonedoggie

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 12:05 PM

I am having this same problem. I have ordered this -

http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=830982

Is this the correct part to replace? Is it an easy job, and could anyone provide a link to any documentation that would help me along?

Thanks

#10 Bonedoggie

Bonedoggie

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:08 AM

Well, no one would reply to my query, grasshopper or samurai, so I ordered both parts. For others who don't get answers to questions like mine, I replaced the keypad first, and the problem still occured. I then removed the new keypad, replaced the control unit and installed the original keypad. Everything has worked fine since, and I am returning the keypad to repair clinic. It was a very simple job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics