Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Bravos Washer MTW6600TB0 basket won't budge

maytag bravos washer tub removal corrosion stuck

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 suthenboy

suthenboy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:kombucha

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

I followed the disassemble instructions pinned in this forum for the Maytag Bravos and now I'm hung up with the washer half filled with water. The basket isn't showing any signs of letting go. Any tricks for freeing it? The corrosion must be pretty bad
.Attached File  Maytagbravos.jpg   70.55KB   10 downloads
Would removing the 6 screws surrounding the shaft do anything? Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:14 PM

Don't waste your time on this. We have that problem all the time. I now order both the inner wash basket and the outer tub if it's a warranty job, or I quote the customer for both pieces.

So, if you don't want to order both the inner wash basket and the outer tub, go buy a new washer.
Scott Wolf

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,921 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:24 AM

Some tips for removing the tub here:

Tips for Removing a Stuck Tub in a Whirlpool Cabrio / Kenmore Oasis / Maytag Bravo Washer; OL error code

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: maytag, bravos, washer, tub, removal, corrosion, stuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics