Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch Dishwasher still won't drain, SHE44C02UC/22

wont drain

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Matadormac

Matadormac

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Tecate and tequila

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

Good day.

Let me start with the fact that here in northern New Mexico we seem to be experiencing the occasional electrical power line "blip", I think we have had up to 7 in one day. I only mention this as it might be gerund to the following discussion as the dishwasher is equipped with an electronic control module and exhibits a peculiar trend.

My dishwasher is about 5 years or so old (came with house but was supposed to have been newly installed) and until recently worked very well. Then we noticed that it wouldn't drain although the cycle clock was counting down. When it should be draining I can hear a light click but nothing else.

The peculiar behavior is that if I turn it off, drain it by hand and then leave it for several days and then turn off the power circuit for a long count of ten and then with the power still off push the on/off button several times on the dishwasher to drain any residual current that upon restoring power and starting a new cycle, it drains! It drains on start up, then fills and goes on with the cycle but it doesn't finish and won't do final drain. Actually I don't know if it does any of the other drains in the cycle other than the first one.

I have checked the pump impeller and it is clean and clear.

I have checked the hose and the vacuum break assembly in case of blockage. Also, it does drain at the outset of the cycle and does so successfully so neither of those is a likely suspect.

I would like a service manual for this please (newly purchased apprenticeship status) and whatever advice you can give me to solve this really annoying issue.

I don't know if there is a water level sensor in this unit or if that may be part of the problem.

With this peculiar behavior and the not infrequent power outages am I looking at a partially fried control board?

I do wish to fix this dishwasher. It is in otherwise good condition and I would really hate to shell out for a new one right now.

Thoughts?

Matadormac
New Mexico

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics