LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Lennox G26Q3-75-5 with both LEDs off; no heat

chrisny

Our Lennox gas furnace was serviced less than 1 week ago, and in addition to 20-pt. annual maintenance they installed a whole house humidifier unit. Furnace worked fine for about 5 days, then all of a sudden no heat yesterday. Before looking more closely at the furnace I thought it might be a new thermostat that was needed, so I installed a new 3M Filtrete touchpad unit upstairs in the kitchen. Nice thermostat, but STILL NO HEAT. So I go down to take a closer look at furnace, and I see both diagnostic LEDs are OFF, and there is no sign of any current whatsoever reaching the furnace. Furnace switch is on; circuit breaker on home service panel is ON. I even pressed the internal circuit breaker on the furnace control box a few times. Still no heat, no flame, and no sign of current reaching the furnace control box. Could it be that I need to replace the CB8 circuit breaker, or is something else going on? PLEASE HELP!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chrisny

• RegUS_PatOff

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. -- I realize the installation of th humidifier is probably an irrelevant factoid, but I feel kind of suspicious that the serviceman screwed something up while doing the annual maintenance, like loosening a wire perhaps -- thhough everything SEEMs to be in place. Thanks a million for any ideas!

Is the Access Door closed on the Furnace ?

The Circuit Breaker CB8 is re-settable.

Inside the Control Box:

(with Door Switch closed)

there should be 24v AC between C and R

there should be 120v AC between Terminals L1 and N

Thanks for the quick followup, GMF. The access door is of course closed when I am testing to see if the thing works. I have actually reset the CB several times, to no avail. The CB reset button seems somewhat loose and flimsy; don't know if it was always that way.

Unfortunately I have no way of testing voltages. Hopefully I'll have a guy coming over tomorrow or after -- so, we'll see, I guess. Thanks anyway, though.