Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Guy001

How to Remove Freezer Drawer From a Whirlpool GX5SHDXVQ00

4 posts in this topic

The drawer is riveted to the slides. I cant figure out how to remove the drawer assm. Thanks for your help! Guy

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I effin hate that they started riveting those two points...used to be screws and then nothing at all before they started using the rivets ...I just drill the bastards out and put short screws back. The whole basket will lift right out ...no need to disturb the rails.

Edited by KurtiusInterupptus

Thanks for the replys... Just so dumb that they would rivet them in place?!. Just knew there some new secret that i was not aware of... So much for my thinkin.. Off to drilling i will go.. thanks again

update: Do drill the two rivets and use screws as replacement, makes a lot easier jod...

The top rack (one under icemaker) was also cogged like the bottom drawer... Remove the two 1/4" at the front of the plastic track and lift out a little at the front... Then pull the rack foward to get to the rear cog roller assm. You have to release the plastic cover on the outside of each wheel assm to get enough slack so the rack will come out... Alot of work just to get to the icemaker...

Edited by Guy001