Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

My POS Frigidaire Model # FRS23KF6EM8

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 KittyMcVay

KittyMcVay

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Guinness

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:08 PM

Alright, my fridge is making a weird noise, sounds like its coming from the stupid icemaker - no ice is being dropped, but its frozen - it sounds like its vibrating, and after unplugging the icemaker from inside, it still wont turn off - is there any way to fix this without paying hundreds of dollars for some guy to come in, tell me he has to order parts, wait a month and in the meantime chance burning up the ice maker???

I could use ANY suggestions or help here, ASAP...

the damned thing is only 4 years old, for cripes sake...

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

it sounds like its vibrating, and after unplugging the icemaker from inside, it still wont turn off -

Can't be coming from the Icemaker then, check the Freezer Fan/Rear Panel etc. to pinpoint sound
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 KittyMcVay

KittyMcVay

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:21 PM

GrandMaster, the icemaker seems to be jammed or frozen... no ice has been ejected out of the maker itself (I've put a piece of paper there so I can tell if ice is being made) for at least 3 hours... have you heard of the icemaker on this model going bad? The vibrating sound has stopped, or at least isnt near as loud as it was an hour ago... is there a way to turn the icemaker itself off??

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,909 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

Just to elaborate a bit on GMF kdog's point-- if unplugging the icemaker has no effect on the noise, then the icemaker is out of the picture as far as the suspects go.

Here's your evaporator fan ==> Evaporator Fan Motor

And here's how to replace it:

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

have you heard of the icemaker on this model going bad?

We've heard of the icemaker in ALL models going bad, not much to see here, we just replace 'em

http://www.repaircli...ber=FRS23KF6EM8

00906492.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#6 KittyMcVay

KittyMcVay

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

Alright Guys, I'll wait until tomorrow and see if either the icemaker has gone back to being "unpossessed" and be sure the fridge part of this thing is working the way its supposed to, with crossed fingers. If not, then I'll cry, use the info you both gave me and pray this "non-technical when it comes to appliances and computers" wench can figure out what to do next... thanks to you both for the help - will be back to either confirm the diagnoses" or to cry and beg for other help...

now, shouldnt you both be enjoying your favorite BREW?

Nite, and thanks again... may need the links you both supplied! Appreciate you both... ;}

#7 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:58 PM

:wub:

#8 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:14 PM

I'll wait until tomorrow and see if either the icemaker has gone back to being "unpossessed"

Will you be leaving the harness to the icemaker unplugged ?

#9 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

You may have two problems.
1) Freezer need to be +15F or colder for IceMaker to work.
2) If the Defrost cycle isn't working, the Evaporator Coils inside the Freezer back wall may be overly-frosted,
causing the Evaporator Fan Blades to hit the frost

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#10 KittyMcVay

KittyMcVay

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

Will you be leaving the harness to the icemaker unplugged ?

GMF, I didnt know how to do that, if you can believe it... but this morning the fridge was working fine, no noise was coming from the back, the inside or anywhere else on this possessed appliance - did you ever wonder if maybe its just something that you imagined?

Anyway, the problem has stopped, but I'll keep you posted on whether it STAYS this way... for future reference: how do I unplug the harness, and just what IS the harness? Told you, I know ZIP about these things, but I can make a MEAN espresso with my espresso maker, which behaves MUCH better than the stupid fridge... ;}

hope you're drinking your favorite brew tonight... I'm not... go play...

#11 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

... and after unplugging the icemaker from inside,..

... how do I unplug the harness, and just what IS the harness?

:kopkrab: :kopkrab: :kopkrab:

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics