Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
jkilgore34

Samsung refrigerator rf265aabp ice maker adjustment

5 posts in this topic

I need help adjusting the ice maker for a customer. She says the cubes come linked together so cube size is to large. How do I adjust it so it will make smaller cubes?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If anybody can post the service manual here from www.servicematters.com, it's covered in the service manual how to change the water supply volume on the display control board.

https://servicematters.com/secured/maytag-lib/docs/SAM0074.pdf

it is document # SAM0074.

If changing the water supply volume doesn't work, I would try replacing the icemaker and the water inlet valve.

Thanks for the reply. I cannot access the document through the link. When I click on the link it asks for username and password. Could you please walk me through it?

The link is to a service manual - it's kind of complicated to make the adjustment, only 2 ice levels are available - 85cc fill and 95cc fill, Initially the unit comes set for the 85cc fill and would have needed to be increased to be on the high setting.

Press and hold "Freezer" button and "Power cool" (the middle button on left, and upper on right) - hold them simultaneously for 12 seconds, and the control will enter an adjustment mode. The displays on the left side will show a code, and the display on the right will show a reference or adjustment segment. You want the number on the right to display "2" (one of the r/h keys will cause the number to change), once it shows "2" - the work the l/h keys to make the left display number show "0". Once you have these numbers displayed, do not input anymore and 20 or 30 seconds later, the control will store the setting and go back to normal display mode.

I might also point out that, while in the adjustment segment "2" (r/h number), the alternative choice for the l/h display would be "1" which would indicate the control is set for the high fill level; such as it is being a whopping 10 cc of water. Having the icemaker level could play a part as well - being tilted could allow water to pool in one end or the other