Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
bloodyknuckles

kenmore dishwasher model 665.16382300 won't fill

3 posts in this topic

My eternally average kenmore dishwasher model 665.16382300 won't fill. Just a small amount of sudsy froth at the bottom collects.

1. checked the Float switch - it has continuity

2. checked voltage at water inlet valve - it becomes empowered for one minute forty seconds then power stops and the dishwasher starts into the post-fill cycle (water pump churns but with almost no water in the base it just froths a little).

Sounds like classic water inlet valve failure no? Quick questions to the masters here:

I. The machine had been leaving sandy brown residue on glasses (despite rinse agent and the fact I clean the inside regularly) - could that have been caused by a partially failing water inlet valve.

II. The machine is 7 years old, I have kept it alive with help from this site but am I due for expensive part failure on this make/model? i.e. do the main boards or pumps on these things go at about this age?

III. FYI for others on this model I have to clean major gunkis out of the bottom vent on the door twice a year (its really gross).

Thanks in advance!

bloodyknuckles

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Disconnect the incoming water from the valve and see if there is crud blocking it - your water may have sediment, if you have a water softener, the media resin bed can leak which appears as a brown sandy grit