Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

bloodyknuckles

kenmore dishwasher model 665.16382300 won't fill

3 posts in this topic

My eternally average kenmore dishwasher model 665.16382300 won't fill. Just a small amount of sudsy froth at the bottom collects.

1. checked the Float switch - it has continuity

2. checked voltage at water inlet valve - it becomes empowered for one minute forty seconds then power stops and the dishwasher starts into the post-fill cycle (water pump churns but with almost no water in the base it just froths a little).

Sounds like classic water inlet valve failure no? Quick questions to the masters here:

I. The machine had been leaving sandy brown residue on glasses (despite rinse agent and the fact I clean the inside regularly) - could that have been caused by a partially failing water inlet valve.

II. The machine is 7 years old, I have kept it alive with help from this site but am I due for expensive part failure on this make/model? i.e. do the main boards or pumps on these things go at about this age?

III. FYI for others on this model I have to clean major gunkis out of the bottom vent on the door twice a year (its really gross).

Thanks in advance!

bloodyknuckles

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Disconnect the incoming water from the valve and see if there is crud blocking it - your water may have sediment, if you have a water softener, the media resin bed can leak which appears as a brown sandy grit