Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

kenmore dishwasher model 665.16382300 won't fill

dishwasher kenmore water inlet valve

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bloodyknuckles

bloodyknuckles

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

My eternally average kenmore dishwasher model 665.16382300 won't fill. Just a small amount of sudsy froth at the bottom collects.

1. checked the Float switch - it has continuity
2. checked voltage at water inlet valve - it becomes empowered for one minute forty seconds then power stops and the dishwasher starts into the post-fill cycle (water pump churns but with almost no water in the base it just froths a little).

Sounds like classic water inlet valve failure no? Quick questions to the masters here:

I. The machine had been leaving sandy brown residue on glasses (despite rinse agent and the fact I clean the inside regularly) - could that have been caused by a partially failing water inlet valve.

II. The machine is 7 years old, I have kept it alive with help from this site but am I due for expensive part failure on this make/model? i.e. do the main boards or pumps on these things go at about this age?

III. FYI for others on this model I have to clean major gunkis out of the bottom vent on the door twice a year (its really gross).

Thanks in advance!

bloodyknuckles
perfection is to finish one repair without any extra or missing parts...

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

Disconnect the incoming water from the valve and see if there is crud blocking it - your water may have sediment, if you have a water softener, the media resin bed can leak which appears as a brown sandy grit
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:39 PM

Fun links:

Water Inlet Valve

Repair Manual

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dishwasher, kenmore, water inlet valve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics