Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore (frigidaire) 970c42062

fills and drains at same time timer wont advance

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 John Yurko

John Yurko

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

Just replaced an entire tub assembly in this machine, now when i run it, it starts ok, fills ok, agitates ok, but the timer sometimes wont advance. when it does advance to its first spin cycle, the machine keeps filling and draining at the same time??? When you advance the timer to the final spin position, the machine spins, and wont finish the cycle either...Also the door lock takes a really long time to unlock when the timer is shut off. all these things started immediately after replacing the entire tub assembly

a little background info. this machine is at a lake lot, with water issues. when i unhooked the machine the hot valve screen was 100% blocked with sediment, the pump is very noisy (customer asked me to return with a new pump). when i swapped the tub i laid the washer on its side. could something have come loose in the chamber where the pressure switch hose connects to and is cause this stuff to happen? is that possible?

basically im asking if a bad pump can cause these issues in this type of machine?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:55 AM

the Timer Motor is also controlled, at times, by the Washer Motor Controller.
Is the Drain Pump working OK?

During Rinse & Spin, it should
Pump out the Water
Rinse
Rinse
Pump
Rinse
Pump

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 John Yurko

John Yurko

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

intermittantly the pump didnt seem to want to come on... it would be spinning the tub as if it should be draining, yet the pump wasnt kicking in...

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:30 PM

The Pump is powered by the Timer, through the Extra Rinse Switch, and depending on it's position, also through the Signal Switch.

970-C42062-00
wiring diagram 134149000.pdf
link PM'd

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 K-man

K-man

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

if it drains while filling but the pump is not running its a siphon condition..

#6 John Yurko

John Yurko

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:46 AM

no....thats just it... the pump runs and it sprays the entire time.... the best was to explain is like the machine is confused as to where it is in the cycle, if that makes any sense....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics