Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnYurko

Kenmore (frigidaire) 970c42062

6 posts in this topic

Just replaced an entire tub assembly in this machine, now when i run it, it starts ok, fills ok, agitates ok, but the timer sometimes wont advance. when it does advance to its first spin cycle, the machine keeps filling and draining at the same time??? When you advance the timer to the final spin position, the machine spins, and wont finish the cycle either...Also the door lock takes a really long time to unlock when the timer is shut off. all these things started immediately after replacing the entire tub assembly

a little background info. this machine is at a lake lot, with water issues. when i unhooked the machine the hot valve screen was 100% blocked with sediment, the pump is very noisy (customer asked me to return with a new pump). when i swapped the tub i laid the washer on its side. could something have come loose in the chamber where the pressure switch hose connects to and is cause this stuff to happen? is that possible?

basically im asking if a bad pump can cause these issues in this type of machine?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

the Timer Motor is also controlled, at times, by the Washer Motor Controller.

Is the Drain Pump working OK?

During Rinse & Spin, it should

Pump out the Water

Rinse

Rinse

Pump

Rinse

Pump

intermittantly the pump didnt seem to want to come on... it would be spinning the tub as if it should be draining, yet the pump wasnt kicking in...

The Pump is powered by the Timer, through the Extra Rinse Switch, and depending on it's position, also through the Signal Switch.

970-C42062-00

wiring diagram 134149000.pdf

link PM'd

if it drains while filling but the pump is not running its a siphon condition..

no....thats just it... the pump runs and it sprays the entire time.... the best was to explain is like the machine is confused as to where it is in the cycle, if that makes any sense....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0