Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Neptune MAH6700AWW LEAKING

leaking washer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 deanfaw1

deanfaw1

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:04 AM

This may tag washer is pouring out water from the dispenser housing. I'm not exactly sure why but every time a front loader leaks water from the dispenser it is usually due to some type of clog. I took the dispenser off and check to see if the bellow to the tub front was clogged. I didn't find anything. Now I know the soap tray is not an issue because I took it out and the dispenser housing still filled up with water and then slowly drains into the tub. When the unit starts it's fill sequence the water enters the machine pretty slowly from what I can see through the glass bowl while the dispenser is gushing out water. Has anyone ever run into this on this particular model? I was nervous to just yank the rubber bellow from the front tub because I'm not sure if maytag decided to put a clamp on the inner side of the tub to keep the rubber hose secured. Do I really have to disassemble the tub in order to fix this clogging issue? please let me know guys.

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:21 AM

Shine a bright light under the main wash tub, then look inside and you will most likely see something, (like a small kids sock), stuck between the basket and the outer tub right where the inlet tube that you have circled in yellow enters the tub.

This appears to be the Maytag version of the Whirlpool Duet sport, I've had this exact same problem on two different Duet Sport washer and found the offending object stuck at that point and have been able to retrieve it by pulling the boot back and using a long skinny screwdriver to reach between spin basket and tub to remove object.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#3 deanfaw1

deanfaw1

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:03 AM

Thanks for the advice I will try to get it out again.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:32 PM

What'd you find out on this one, Dean?

#5 washertech26

washertech26

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

Looking at the front of the machine at about 11 oclock pull the boot a little you will see it sticking out if not you will see rubber against the tub where the dispenser fill enters... It there is something there there it is obvious. I have long "roach clips" pull them out.... Thats what I call them :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leaking, washer

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

How to fix a Maytag Neptune washer that leaks from the detergent dispenser

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 03 November 2011 - 08:34 AM

Academy Fellow Willie shares this pearl from the battle zone with us:

Shine a bright light under the main wash tub, then look inside and you will most likely see something, (like a small kids sock), stuck between the basket and the outer tub right where the inlet tube that you have circled in yellow enters the tub.

This appears to be the...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics