Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

NO spin WBVH6240F0WW

No spin

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TIGERHD1

TIGERHD1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:COORS

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:19 AM

GE WBVH6240F0WW trying to repair this unit....first symptoms,intermittent spin on motor.Sometimes it would,sometimes it would not. Very dishonorable! Ran through test modes,got code 54.Checked ohms on motor,the only difference was,ohms supposed to be 118,I got 114 to 117,fluctuating.Replaced motor with new. Checked inverter.Got 120 VAC there,but not a constant. Replaced inverter.Power up.Ran through test modes,get no error codes.....however,test t10 ,t11and t14,still get no spin, no error code.However,when run washer through wash cycle,when water filling,water only runs for maybe 10 seconds,stops,during this time,motor may spin tub one or two times,stops,and washer drain pump starts.Ran through set-up,run test modes again,still no error,test t05 and t06 run fine....water fills to all levels,drain pump works fine,still no spin,no error code on motor.Run simulated wash cycle....same problem,when water filling,water only runs for maybe 10 seconds,stops,during this time,motor may spin tub one or two times,stops,and washer drain pump starts.Today am going to start from power going into washer,track all terminal connections and try to isolate problem.....hoping that this very dishonorable washer will reveal its problem and I can revert its psychosis to whatever normal is,if there is a normal on this posessed machine. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,632 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:48 AM

Possibly a flakey connection in the wire harness between the motor and inverter board. Inspect each connector in the molex connectors to make sure they're not wallowed out and making a sloppy fit on the terminal. If you see discoloration or browning on part of the molex, this is a good indication that this is what's going. But absence of discoloration does not, in itself, mean all is well. Disconnect and reseat all connections to the motor and control board.

#3 TIGERHD1

TIGERHD1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:COORS

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

Thank you for your response. As I was going through the ohms checks,I did check all molex connectors...no brown marks,discoloration or anything,per your advice.Did not want to spend more money,but as I did not find anything else,put in a new control board,and miraculously that chased out the demons! I now have an honorable washer again!! This Grasshopper thanks you for your leadership,Fermented Grand Master!!

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,632 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:02 AM

Control board was my next smooth move. Good job taking the initiative!

Part link for machine control board ==> Control Board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics