Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
TIGERHD1

NO spin WBVH6240F0WW

4 posts in this topic

GE WBVH6240F0WW trying to repair this unit....first symptoms,intermittent spin on motor.Sometimes it would,sometimes it would not. Very dishonorable! Ran through test modes,got code 54.Checked ohms on motor,the only difference was,ohms supposed to be 118,I got 114 to 117,fluctuating.Replaced motor with new. Checked inverter.Got 120 VAC there,but not a constant. Replaced inverter.Power up.Ran through test modes,get no error codes.....however,test t10 ,t11and t14,still get no spin, no error code.However,when run washer through wash cycle,when water filling,water only runs for maybe 10 seconds,stops,during this time,motor may spin tub one or two times,stops,and washer drain pump starts.Ran through set-up,run test modes again,still no error,test t05 and t06 run fine....water fills to all levels,drain pump works fine,still no spin,no error code on motor.Run simulated wash cycle....same problem,when water filling,water only runs for maybe 10 seconds,stops,during this time,motor may spin tub one or two times,stops,and washer drain pump starts.Today am going to start from power going into washer,track all terminal connections and try to isolate problem.....hoping that this very dishonorable washer will reveal its problem and I can revert its psychosis to whatever normal is,if there is a normal on this posessed machine. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Possibly a flakey connection in the wire harness between the motor and inverter board. Inspect each connector in the molex connectors to make sure they're not wallowed out and making a sloppy fit on the terminal. If you see discoloration or browning on part of the molex, this is a good indication that this is what's going. But absence of discoloration does not, in itself, mean all is well. Disconnect and reseat all connections to the motor and control board.

Thank you for your response. As I was going through the ohms checks,I did check all molex connectors...no brown marks,discoloration or anything,per your advice.Did not want to spend more money,but as I did not find anything else,put in a new control board,and miraculously that chased out the demons! I now have an honorable washer again!! This Grasshopper thanks you for your leadership,Fermented Grand Master!!

Control board was my next smooth move. Good job taking the initiative!

Part link for machine control board ==> Control Board