Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

bosch dryer wtmc3300US has to be rebooted to heat...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nrfildes

nrfildes

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:any

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

hi, this unit has me pulling my hair... it all started when the unit got lint-clogged and the rear overheat breaker tripped. I addressed the full range of lint possibilities and reset the breaker. Now it is just plain cranky/odd...

After working on it, first load comes out good or close to the desired dryness. second load never makes it to the dry point and it seems to run 'cold'.

I have the manual, have measured the sensors' resistance (both OK), run the test on the transconductance sensor (open, short, and 100kohm read fine), no error codes have shown up during running or on the first diagnostic readout (program 1).

the clincher: if I unplug the unit for 10 or 15 minutes, I can get another load through it, or nearly so.
(remember, when I work on it I have to unplug it and it always seems ok after?)

anyway, I'd appreciate any advice from one with more wisdom than myself. I am suspecting the main control unit but don't want to waste my money on a suspiction...

thanks very much!
nrf

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:48 AM

Try running it with the vent disconnected
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 nrfildes

nrfildes

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

that blows stuff into the house, and not recommended. I guess you don't believe I cleaned out all the lint?
total length of vent is 10 feet, well within the spec, and I have brushed/blown/vacuumed it all out.
nrf

#4 nrfildes

nrfildes

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:18 AM

seems to be a flaky heater relay, contacts really bad, fingers crossed.
nrf

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,712 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

Ahh, this little boogar ==> Relay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics