Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Marianne

GE built in wall oven model #jkp280f7bb

3 posts in this topic

Sorry - I know this isn't new but...

We have the GE doulble built in wall oven (model jkp280f7bb) - top is electronic touchpad controlled - bottom has old fashioned dial The top oven started beeping & flashing Broil Hi/Low then asking to be Started over & over...I shut off the breaker - it was OK for a day then did it again. Then up came the F7 Eb error code...we'd like to fix it ourselves - is there a schematic showing how to detach the touchpad? Do you think the power surges recently fried electronics in my oven? Or is it because I have over-used the touchpad? I'm sad...need to bake

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thanks Grand Master Funk - then once I remove the touchpad (if I understood the other posts correctly ) I should disconnect the ribbon connector, reapply power and let sit for 24 hrs to see if there is another error code? Am I supposed to connect the touchpad to the ERC before powering back up? (sorry - my notes weren't too clear) I do appreciate any and all help. Not to worry I have an "electrical engineer" standing by to help with the dangerous stuff...