Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag gemini MER6770AAB error code F1-1

error Maytag Gemini MER6770AAB code F1-1

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ultimate Legacy

Ultimate Legacy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:55 PM

I have a Maytag Gemini model MER6770AAB and have been getting error code F1-1 intermittently. The error can occur while using the upper oven, the lower oven, the stove top, or most strangely, when NOT USED ALL DAY. If I cancel the error, sometimes I can resume using the oven(if I have been using it), most of the time it will come back withing a few minutes. The oddest time it flashes is when nothing on the stove or oven has been used at all(since the day before).

I have ruled out the upper and lower temperature sensors, as I have put an ohm meter on them both and they are within specs at cold oven temp.

This leads me to the clock control. My wife uses windex to clean the touch screen and I have read this can degrade the membrane causing it to short out. I have tried disconnecting the ribbon cables and hooking up my fluke to various endpoints on the ribbon cable while pushing the touch screen to tell what is working but I do not have a schematic to know which button would be where on the ribbon cable. So my questions are these:

1. Can I replace JUST the clock overlay to fix this problem?
2. Could it be a sticky relay that can be replaced on the control board itself?
3. Anything else I may have missed checking?
4. If I have to replace the clock control do I also need to replace the overlay?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Pete

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

I'm afraid that those symtoms are quite typical of a control failure, the overlay/touchpad is part of the control

http://www.repaircli...mber=MER6770AAB

00907836.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics