Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ultimate Legacy

Maytag gemini MER6770AAB error code F1-1

2 posts in this topic

I have a Maytag Gemini model MER6770AAB and have been getting error code F1-1 intermittently. The error can occur while using the upper oven, the lower oven, the stove top, or most strangely, when NOT USED ALL DAY. If I cancel the error, sometimes I can resume using the oven(if I have been using it), most of the time it will come back withing a few minutes. The oddest time it flashes is when nothing on the stove or oven has been used at all(since the day before).

I have ruled out the upper and lower temperature sensors, as I have put an ohm meter on them both and they are within specs at cold oven temp.

This leads me to the clock control. My wife uses windex to clean the touch screen and I have read this can degrade the membrane causing it to short out. I have tried disconnecting the ribbon cables and hooking up my fluke to various endpoints on the ribbon cable while pushing the touch screen to tell what is working but I do not have a schematic to know which button would be where on the ribbon cable. So my questions are these:

1. Can I replace JUST the clock overlay to fix this problem?

2. Could it be a sticky relay that can be replaced on the control board itself?

3. Anything else I may have missed checking?

4. If I have to replace the clock control do I also need to replace the overlay?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Pete

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0